How to File a Complaint Against a Public Adjuster in Florida

If you suspect that a public adjuster is working without a license, if you are being urged to exaggerate an insurance claim, or if you suspect any other type of fraud, you can take action. In Florida, you can call the Department of Financial Services at 1-800-22-STORM or (850) 413-3089 to file a complaint. Only those public and independent adjusters who are appointed by an adjustment firm are allowed to estimate claims. Unfortunately, when Floridians complain that an insurance company's claims adjuster is mishandling, minimizing, or delaying claims, there is only a 16 percent chance that the adjuster will be disciplined.

It's important to note that lawyers don't need to be licensed to adjust claims, and an insurance company may allow agents and, in some cases, employees to adjust claims without a license. If you feel that your insurance claim is being mishandled or delayed, it's important to take action. You can file a complaint with the Department of Financial Services and they will investigate the matter.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *