Can a Public Adjuster be a Contractor?

When it comes to insurance claims, there is a clear distinction between public adjusters and contractors. A public adjuster is an insurance professional who works on behalf of the policyholder to resolve a claim, while a contractor is someone who obtains a contract for any claim they are adjusting. According to Section 14039 (c) of the law, an insurance adjuster cannot receive payment from a contractor for the same claim or damage. When a policyholder seeks legal help to resolve a claim, it is not uncommon for the lawyer to hire a public adjuster due to their expertise in this area.

The district court ruled that the assignment was not valid since 33 Carpenters was not a licensed public adjuster. However, public adjustment companies can refer construction companies to their clients for rebuilding their property. Public adjusters are licensed professionals who specialize in determining the full extent and value of property damage and business interruption losses. They are also experts in negotiating with insurance companies when there is a dispute about the amount of the agreement to which you are entitled.

When you file an insurance claim, your insurance company appoints an insurance adjuster to investigate and adjust your claim. This is why it is important to have a public adjuster on your side, as they can provide you with the best defense against any unfair practices by the insurance company.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *